× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

2 Greyhounds who don't want to be split up

• 3HOUNDS
  • 3HOUNDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #39318 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS created the topic: 2 Greyhounds who don't want to be split up
:ohmy: it doesn't often happen so quickly but 2 GH's one male, Wizz is 6 and Metta is 3, female have bonded so closely after just 2 wks in a foster home. The trouble is Greyhound Rescue West of Egland have a home for Metta at the end of the month, unless we find a place for these 2 little compsanions together they will be split up.

I managed to unite Indi the 4yr DH on here with a family looking for one on the GRWE forum so I hoped this would work the other way around! Wizz & Metta are on the forum "the hound lounge", under "The Roaching Sofa" and their title is,"The Velcro Twins".

Please do ask around as GRWE will always find wonderful homes for their rescues but wouldn't it be great if they could go together? :cheer: :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Craters_on_the_lawn
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Under Graduate Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #39325 by Craters_on_the_lawn
Craters_on_the_lawn replied the topic: Re: 2 Greyhounds who don't want to be split up
Where are they based? If its Hampshire, or nearby, I may know of someone. (Well, she is looking for one greyhound, but I can ask).
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3HOUNDS

• Craters_on_the_lawn
  • Under Graduate Boarder
  • Under Graduate Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago #39329 by Craters_on_the_lawn
Craters_on_the_lawn replied the topic: Re: 2 Greyhounds who don't want to be split up
Another idea - why not post these two on the dog rescue pages forum : www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php
A really heart-rending "love story" may do the trick - appologies if you've already heard of "dog pages" - but it does seem to be read by a very large number of dog rescue people. Worth a try.
(just sorry I can't take them myself - would love a greyhound or two - but really can't have any more dogs until we move house).

• 3HOUNDS
  • 3HOUNDS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Yearling Boarder
  • Yearling Boarder
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #39333 by 3HOUNDS
3HOUNDS replied the topic: Re: 2 Greyhounds who don't want to be split up
I'll PM you.

Two greys really are as easy as one, especially when they've bonded but time is running out as they gave 25th for one moving to new home. They are cared for in a foster home in South Bedfordshire but normally arrangements can be made if people are really interested, very near M1 and not too far from M25.

The Greyhound Rescue West of England use foster homes and have places in kennels all over the place so if these two aren't suitable they certainly will have some nearby to your friend!

The general enquiry number for GRWE is 07000 785 092 and The Eastern Region are looking after them with the Rehoming Officer for Wizz & Metta being Cheryl. The dogs can be seen on thehoundlounge.proboards.com and you will need to register and then look at The Roaching Sofa, The Velcro Twins to see the story of these two.

Many thanks for your interest.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by 3HOUNDS. Reason: Saw typing error

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.543 seconds