× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch

• Elise
  • Elise's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #34248 by Elise
Elise created the topic: Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch
Kelpie and Rannoch are currently in a foster home in the North of England and are looking for a permanent home preferably together if possible. Here are some details.

1. Kelpie – neutered female – born Dec 07 – about 23 inches – looks like miniature Deerhound in lots of ways but we were told originally she was Deerhound/Greyhound/Beardie/Bedlington! However she is not laid back at all and is a busy little dog. Has slept in the house in a crate or in the kennel. We find she eats more food than you would think for her size. Obedient and good off lead – has not been worked but looks for rabbits in the fields. Has been fed a good quality, mainly raw diet of meat, veg and fruit. Likes raw chicken wings and backs and bones but will eat anything and here she occasionally has Wellbeloved. Does not guard bones or food. Good in the car. Microchipped. Needs a home where she will have lots of time spent with her, loves being trained. Loves racing round the field with Rannoch with whom she has lived for a long time.

2. Rannoch – entire male – has lived with Kelpie, partly kennelled and partly loose in the house – they have both had lots of outdoor freedom and been with someone most of the time. He is Deerhound/greyhound (we also have his paperwork). He was born July 07. Again very friendly and obedient, no sign of male aggression, good off lead and in the car – about 26 inches tall. Again not worked but sniffs about in the field looking for things. More laid back than Kelpie. Fed the same as Kelpie. Microchipped.

There aren't any cats at the foster home so do not know what they would be like but they look keenly at the ferrets there. They both seem healthy and have been wormed with Drontal Plus. Inoculation status is not known.

If you are interested please contact in the first instance Claire Cartmell on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 01592 882241 and she can put you in touch.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #34349 by Joerg Yoki
Joerg Yoki replied the topic: Re: Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch
Hello Elise

I hope you have found a new owner for this very nice Lurchers.

Thanks for your efforts.

Regards
Joerg and Yoki dh:)

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #34431 by Ironstone
Ironstone replied the topic: Re: Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch
Hi Elise
Any updates for us on this nice pair?

Ironstone Deerhounds

• Elise
  • Elise's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #34432 by Elise
Elise replied the topic: Re: Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch
Hi Shelley

Thanks for asking.

The update I received at the weekend was that both dogs are still in their foster home and are still looking for the right home. Hopefully, I've got that right. Elise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ironstone

More
6 years 10 months ago #34962 by doglets4*
doglets4* replied the topic: Re: Lurchers Kelpie and Rannoch
Now Kelpie is just what I am looking for but sadly I see she is a bitch, that is the downfall I am searching for a dog as I already have 3 bitches :(
Love and Light Viv and the Clan. x

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds