× Please note posts to this board are subject to moderator approval. We do this to ensure quality and protect dogs. It can take us a day or so to approve messages so please be patient.

NOW HOMED: Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK,

• Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #28150 by Teratyke
Teratyke created the topic: NOW HOMED: Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK,
A deerhound/lurcher in need of rehoming has come to my attention. I don’t know the owner, not have I seen the dog. I’m posting this notice without recommendation or suggestion of suitability.

A gentleman from the Herts (UK) area contacted me with the following message..

I purchased a 2 year old male deerhound three months ago. He was living outside in his previous home and was quite underweight. He has no papers. He is entire.

Unfortunately he has not fitted into my pack of Lurchers & Greyhounds; he is a very submissive boy and is being picked on by my other dogs. He was not house trained when I took him on & I have only made limited progress. He loves his walks & his recall is great.

I feel he deserves a happier home where is not picked on by other dogs. I am in no rush to move him, but I need to know he will have a good home where he will be happy.

If you wish to enquire with the current owner please send a private message to RA3 .

Photo to follow if I can get one.
Thanks

Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Teratyke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #28153 by RA3
RA3 replied the topic: Re:Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK, in need of home
I am the owner of this Deerhound, He is called Fagin.

He is the sweetest gentlest boy & I have sent some photos to be posted.

I thought I had found a home for him but was let down & I am really grateful for the chance to post him on here. I feel I should be a little more honest about why I am rehoming, I have lost my job & am unable to keep my pack of 9 together.

Fagin really enjoys a BARF diet and has a healthy appetite, he really loves his walks but never goes to far when off lead. He loves to sit next to you on the sofa and loves a fuss and cuddle.

On the negative side, house training is proving a challenge with my bed being a favourite place for him to wee progress has not been fast in the area. He really pulls on the lead and is a very strong boy. He is a little on the anxious side and will whine at night. He is not cat friendly.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Teratyke.

More
8 years 1 month ago #28154 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re:Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK, in need of home
Oh how I would love to take this beautiful boy and give him a home, but unfortunately my terrier is really testing my patience with his dog agression (towards entire strange dogs) which is totally unfair on my beautiful Deerhound, who would love to have a same size friend to run and play with. I'll swap, my terrier for your DH!!! think hubby might have something to say! I also live in Herts, Bushey.
Good luck, I am sure someone on here will open their home to him.......wheres Houndy!

More
8 years 1 month ago #28165 by chook
chook replied the topic: Re:Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK, in need of home
Nice to see a photo of him - kaye at LL told me about him last week,
i did post about him on hear but in chat, can you let Kaye know if you still require help
as she thinks that he's been rehomed now,
buckbilly on hear was also intrested in rehoming him.

jane

Jane

More
8 years 1 month ago #28183 by RA3
RA3 replied the topic: Re:Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK, in need of home
Hi Jane

I thought I had rehomed him, but then it fell apart & so I thought I'd post on here. Houndy has offered to take him

Kaye is helping with my lurcher

• Teratyke
  • Teratyke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Is one ever enough?
More
8 years 1 month ago #28439 by Teratyke
Teratyke replied the topic: Re:NOW HOMED: Deerhound/Lurcher Herts Area, UK,
I believe this dog has either been homed or no longer requires re-homing. Sorry no further information available.
Rob

Moderators: EliseJoerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds