Pet Insurance

• Dylan
  • Dylan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #40692 by Dylan
Pet Insurance was created by Dylan
From experience can anyone please recommend a pet insurance company. I have 3 dogs at present 2 of which are Deerhounds.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #40694 by CharlesMiller
Replied by CharlesMiller on topic Pet Insurance
I use E&L. Good cover terms and limits and £312 a year for two Deerhounds, including an eight year old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan

More
7 years 2 months ago #40695 by crackadog
Replied by crackadog on topic Pet Insurance
We were with E&L too but suddenly last year they put the deerhound cover up by a huge amount, so we now just keep the terrier with them as his cover stayed the same despite being 10+ now. We now use Purely Pets for the deerhound as they gave the same cover for much less. (at least £20.00 per month less). It's certainly worth phoning around a few as they vary so much....especially with large breeds.
E&L have been good in covering medical expenses the few times we needed them.

• Dylan
  • Dylan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Graduate Boarder
  • Graduate Boarder
More
7 years 2 months ago #40696 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Pet Insurance
Sorry who is E&L ? wife was talking to Alliances and they were looking £48 a month for £1200 cover, that was just for the choic lab ! Not the 2 Deerhounds.! I appreciate the reply.Thank you

More
7 years 2 months ago #40697 by CharlesMiller
Replied by CharlesMiller on topic Pet Insurance
www.eandl.co.uk/pet/dog-insurance

I have used others over the years but I always come back to E&L after comparing premiums and cover.

More
7 years 1 month ago #40954 by chook
Replied by chook on topic Pet Insurance
Personally i would avoid E&L at all costs, they have a very bad rep for delaying and avoiding paying out.

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews57547.html

Jane

More
7 years 1 month ago #40955 by crackadog
Replied by crackadog on topic Pet Insurance
I have heard such reports Jane and have read your link. I guess we have been lucky. E&L paid up promptly for both operations on the terrier to remove bladder stones and for eye treatment, without increasing the premiums -so far! With the deerhound, however there was a huge hike in premium last year so we had to move her.
We contacted several companies and they all said the deerhound, after research findings and a huge increase in claims in recent times, was now considered a high risk for general poor health and early death which is why they now attract such high premiums. We could do with some transparency where all companies clearly state their range of cover packages and from our perspective, what research they use to set the premiums.
Oh the joys of dogs!

More
7 years 1 month ago #40962 by Robb
Replied by Robb on topic Pet Insurance
I'm with Animal friends and pay approx. £21/month for Harri my 3 year old Dearhound. It's also a for life policy! With my last Deerhound I was with Petplan, they're very good but wanted £75/month for Harri!

I also pay £11/month for my 6yr old Greyhound, it's also a for life policy

Rob B
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brodie, Joerg Yoki

More
7 years 1 month ago #41002 by alfie
Replied by alfie on topic Pet Insurance
I agree re e&l (equine and life) I work at a vets and they appear to fight and delay a lot of claims, i personally would not use them. anyone who hasnt had a problem has been very lucky.
I use virgin and have joint cover for the deerhound and wolfhound £60pm, both dogs 4years old, this premium has jumped since i originally covered them but so have all other insurance companies. Good cover and covers alternative therapies which is useful for deerhound back/neck problems, mine has been helped by accupuncture and physio and insurance paid, but there are limits for alternative therapies.
Whatever you decide always get cover for life, it is worth it.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds