× More fun than owning a deerhound? Surely not!

Smart Dog

• Robb
  • Robb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Boarder
  • Open Boarder
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #27851 by Robb
Robb created the topic: Smart Dog
Some friends of mine have a Newfoundland who just loves cheese. At night he raids the fridge and eats all of the cheese. They fitted a child lock on the fridge and thought "that'll show him" but next morning they came down to the kitchen and he had destroyed the child lock and eaten all of the cheese. My DH Ben loves cheese but he's never got round to raiding the fridge.

Now that's smart! Does anyone else on here have any tales of how smart their dogs are.

Rob B
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Robb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #27852 by chook
chook replied the topic: Re:Smart Dog
A friends lurcher quite often opens up the chect frezer,
the last time she did it, she had eaten the entire contence of frozen carcases
along with the other lurcher, now it has child locks and stuff placed on it
as a just incase lol.

Another friends lurcher, because hes on stroids (sp) - hes always hungry
the last time she was down, we was all at a friends house,
didnt realise he had wondered in to the kitchen, had opened the fridge
and let Layla raid the fridge, we caught her just as she was munching through
some sliced ham :laugh:

Jane

More
8 years 1 week ago #27856 by farnorth
farnorth replied the topic: Re:Smart Dog
Our last lurcher used to open the fridge and him and blue would have midnight snacks he also could open our outside back door whether it was locked or not luckily blue did not learn this from him and every thing is now safe

More
8 years 1 week ago #27992 by wallace
wallace replied the topic: Re:Smart Dog
My old deerhound Finley often raided the kitchen, he ate sausages from under the grill while cooking, chicken portions from the slow cooker,he kept the lid on, the only way I knew he had been there was a slight dribble of black bean sauce down the side. Bread from the bread bin, turkey from the oven (this time it was off) twice, he carried the sugar bowl to his bed and never spilt a grain, luckily he was found out before he ate that. I had to move the bin into the cupboard as he would raid that. He learnt to put his foot on the pedal to lift the lid, he learnt how the swing bin lids worked. I even had a bin that clipped the lid on and he learnt to undo that, so the bin got moved. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
8 years 6 days ago #28040 by Neil
Neil replied the topic: Re:Smart Dog
This is good to know that it is a DH thing. Finn also gets up to mischief and is a bit of a thief where food is concerned, you would think we never fed him. It does make us laugh though, to walk into the kitchen and find him with his head in the bin :laugh: His favourite though are biscuits and you can't leave a packet lying about without him grabbing it and running off for a feast. And talking of biscuits, whenever we go out for the day we load up a picnic for Finn which he wont eat unless, that is, we have a packet of Viennese Whirls with us, they will be devoured!

More
8 years 4 days ago #28064 by wallace
wallace replied the topic: Re:Smart Dog
Maybe it is the name Finn? Findley :laugh:

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.628 seconds