× More fun than owning a deerhound? Surely not!

Lure Coursing @ Newbury, Berkshire

• cassandra1260
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 10 months ago #2333 by cassandra1260
cassandra1260 replied the topic: Re:Lure Coursing @ Newbury, Berkshire
The points I mentioned are CKC.I am however interested to know the ditances most others are willing to travel from home to compete and also the number of trials available to you in your area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2563 by verenav
verenav replied the topic: Re:Lure Coursing @ Newbury, Berkshire
Hi there ,

I tink Cassandra is talking CKC ( Canadian Kennel Club ) lurecoursing . I have been lurecoursing in BC for the last few years - my 2 older girls got the honour of becoming Field Champion Excellents last year( 2 of only 6 dhs in Canada ever as far as I am informed ) - and this year we had 8 dhs competing in Canada , 5 of them in the West . On year we had 9 deerhounds at the first trial , but for 2 years I was more or less by myself - my 2 "middle deerhounds " are not that keen on lurecoursing ( they prefer hunting ) , but my youngest , wee Hermione ( 4.5mths old ) shows a lot of interest . A friend of mine came to 2 trials this year with her 2 very good to really excellent lurecoursers and I do hope , she can come to more next year - it is so much fun . Where are you located Casandra ? I do know Houndtongue as a young puppy and do have a halfsister of him and Hermione is a cousin to him , too.

All the best ,

Verena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds