× More fun than owning a deerhound? Surely not!

OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS

• Pete
  • Pete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #16160 by Pete
Pete created the topic: OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
HI EVERYONE, JUST THOUGHT I WOULD KEEP YOU UP TO DATE IN WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MY NEW HOME! APPARENTLY, CAROLINE HAS FALLEN OVER AND BROKEN HER HUMEROUS BONE IN HER RIGHT ARM (I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY WHEN SHE LANDED WITH A HEAVY THUMP, THEN LAY STILL FOR A LONG TIME) - IMMEDIATELY I SPRUNG INTO ACTION, AND STARTED LICKING HER FACE WHILE MAX JUST LOOKED ON IN A BEWILDERED FASHION, STILL HE IS ONLY A PUPPY, AND HAS BEEN THOROUGHLY SPOILT,AND HASN'T GOT A CLUE WHEN IT COMES TO FIRST AID.ANYWAY, BACK TO MY TALE OF WOE, CAROLINE EVENTUALLY STIRRED THEN SHOUTED OUT LOUD IN PAIN, CRAWLED INTO THE LOUNGE AND PHONED HER FRIEND WHO RUSHED HER TO HOSPITAL WHERE SHE STAYED FOR FOUR DAYS.POOR OLD PETE(HER HUBBY) HAD TO RUN ROUND LIKE AN IDIOT FOR DAYS, LOOKING AFTER US, TAKING US FOR WALKS, GROOMING US, RE-ASSURING US THAT CAROLINE WAS OK, AND WOULD BE BACK HOME SOON. STILL, HE DID A FAIR JOB OF LOOKING AFTER US,AND WE HELPED BY TRYING TO KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN - THOUGH SOMETIMES WE GOT A LITTLE BORED,AND THE INCIDENT OF BRINGING A FEW FLOWER POTS INTO THE CONSERVATORY TO DO A BIT OF LIGHT PRUNING AND REPOTTING WAS NOT APPRECIATED, PARTICULARY AT ELEVEN O CLOCK AT NIGHT, WHEN PETE GOT BACK FROM THE HOSPITAL.
ANYWAY, CAROLINE IS HOME NOW, BUT SHE SMELLS DIFFERENT (ALL HOSPITALLY) AND SHE HAS TO WEAR THIS BIG LUMP OF PLASTER CAST ON HER ARM TO KEEP IT IN TRACTION, AND I'VE NOTICED THAT SHE DOESN'T TAKE US FOR WALKS ANYMORE,PETE DOES ALL THAT, ALONG WITH THE IRONING, HOOVERING, COOKING ETC.,STILL HE SEEMS TO ENJOY TAKING US OUT FOR WALKS, BUT WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE WHEN WE'RE BY CAROLINE JUST IN CASE WE KNOCK HER ARM. STILL MUSN'T COMPLAIN, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE OFF VFOR A WALK IN A MINUTE AS PETE IS GETTING OUR LEADS DOWN, AND IF MY NOSE DOESN,T DECIEVE ME WE'RE HAVING CHICKEN FOR TEA.MUST GO NOW, WILL BE IN TOUCH SOON, TA TA FOR NOW!
THIS IS CAROLINE BEFORE HER ACCIDENT
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #16162 by Lurch8252
Lurch8252 replied the topic: Re:OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
Oh poor Caroline, I hope you are keeping her company and are being good doggies until she is all mended!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #16172 by Graizelund
Graizelund replied the topic: Re:OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
Oh my goodness!! - thanks Goodness for Lassie films, there's nothing quite like a deerhound "kiss-it-better" is there

I hope caroline is feeling better soon, though mayber you better lay off the interior garden design for now :laugh:

sending healing wishes for a speedy recovery

Liz and Leah

~~ Liz ~~

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #16176 by Brollachan
Brollachan replied the topic: Re:OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
Oh no, poor Caroline. Keep up those Deerhound kisses and I'm sure she will heal in no time.
Keep up the good work

Bree, Xena and Lockie

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #16180 by wallace
wallace replied the topic: Re:OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
Get better soon , you two dogs be good for mum. Glad to see Pete is doing the housework etc. :laugh:

• houndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 weeks ago #16185 by houndy
houndy replied the topic: Re:OWNERS WITH BROKEN ARMS
Poor you! You have my full sympathy as I had a broken wrist due to deerhounds. Hope you mend quickly and best wishes

Moderators: Joerg Yoki
Time to create page: 0.439 seconds